2010年10月26日星期二

About Mercurial SCM

Hi, guys,
I'm working on a project on Codeplex, and the efficiency of Team Foundation Server sucks!
It takes more than 30s to open a file that had been checked in, or renaming a file. And adding a file or moving the files from one folder to another cost even more.
I can hardly imagine how much time that I would waste on waiting the responding from TFS.

I understand that TFS is designed to be used in LAN environment, so it Team Explorer tracking the file system changing all the time. But its mechanism become a horror if the network speed is poor, especially TFS server from CodePlex was in heavy load. There is only word to describe that is nightmare.

Luckily, when I creating my new project OpenLink, I found that TFS began to support Mercurial besides TFS systems(including TE client, TFS everywhere client and SVN client).
I was heard of Hg a lot, but never tried it. So I think it is a good time for me to try it.

I know that this a client for Mercurial for Windows platform called TortoiseHg, it seems from the same family of TortoiseSVN and TortoiseCVS.
But as far as I know, hg works in a different way than SVN or TFS, since it provides an distributed repository system.

So I wonder is there any special things that I have to watch out? Any kind of ideas, comments, suggestions are welcome~~~ :) 

BTW, I'm working with C# 4.0 in Visual Studio 2010 and Expression Blend 4 on Windows 7. 

TimNew
------------
Release your passion
To Realize your potential

Posted via email from 米良的草窝

没有评论:

发表评论