2010年9月20日星期一

Change the hostname in Mac OS X [osx]

Change the hostname in Mac OS X [osx]

by Larry on May 23, 2008

in Mac,howto,programming

When I log into the network at my job my Mac’s hostname always turns to:

larryx.na.corp.ipgnetwork.com

I have my local hostname set to:

larryx.local

So What I would like to do is set my Mac’s hostname to my local hostname. You can do this all from Terminal in a single line.

Run this command in Terminal:

sudo scutil --set HostName larryx.local

This is also helpful if you’re in Terminal and have a really long hostname at your prompt. If you want to view your current hostname, run this command in Terminal:

hostname

This is what it looked like for me:

Last login: Fri May 23 09:55:20 on ttys000 larryx:~ lgordon$ hostname larryx.na.corp.ipgnetwork.com larryx:~ lgordon$ sudo scutil --set HostName larryx.local Password: larryx:~ lgordon$ hostname larryx.local

Care of: CodeSnippets

终于把我的iMac的名字改过来了~但是似乎还是ping不通~可能需要一点时间刷新纪录~

Posted via email from 米良的草窝

没有评论:

发表评论